Gamleby Photo Grant was created to support photographic artists from all over the world.
Our aim is to support the production of new photographic work by inviting artist to Gamleby for an uninterrupted period of work, assist with technical equipment and facilitate a platform for for exchange of ideas between local artists and the artist in residence.
The Gamleby Photo Grant consist of:
- €2500 cash prize*
- Free accommodation in Gamleby
- Access to photographic equipment (Cameras, Scanner, Lights)
- Artist talk, lecture or open studio (When accepting the grant you comply to share your work with a local audience in the form of your choice).
*Please note that even though accommodation is free the €2500 must cover the artist travel, insurance, visa costs and food during the stay.
Recipients can apply themselves but also be nominated by others.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any photographer or lens based artist can apply.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send us a pdf with a personal letter and a zip file of 10-30 images (low res) to email@example.com. Write Application in the subject line.
Please use your personal letter to inform us of your intention with the residence. Don’t forget to tell us about:
- Your name, age and country of residence
- Intention with the residency
- Technical needs
- Preferred period of time for residency
- Previous experience (Education, Residencies, etc)
Please note that the amount of applications sometimes result in a delayed response from our side, and decisions made by the jury can not be appealed.